I celebrated my 20th birthday last weekend! My teenage years are officially over and the scariest decade of my life is coming next. I say this because I feel like your whole life changes and sort of settles for good in your 20’s doesn’t it? With turning the big 2-0 comes graduating from university and deciding what you’re going to do with your degree, renting or buying a real house happens, getting a job to start your career, maybe meeting someone to settle down with and maybe just running away from all your responsibilities!
I want to make this year a really good one before I turn 21 and have to think about what I’m going to do with my life so, as I thought it might be fun, I am going to come up with 20 things to do this year- kind of like a bucket list but less impressive and with less commitment involved. (And less money, because I’m broke).
- Go to an underground bar (They look cool)
- Go to a less popular and more unusual museum
- Find myself a perfect getaway quiet spot in London
- Visit Dinah’s Cat Emporium
- Eat somewhere other than the Mexican stall when I am next in Camden market (y’know, broaden my horizons)
- Learn to cook a new meal
- Read at least 10 books for enjoyment
- Take a spa break
- Get a full body massage
- Lose a few pounds and get fitter
- Start documenting life in an interesting way so I don’t forget all the cool stuff I do and the fun people I have in my life
- Get my driver’s license
- Visit home for longer than a few days
- Spend time going round London when it looks magical at night time
- Buy some old clothing from Brick Lane and try to pull it off
- Complete some sort of art project by my next birthday
- Write a letter each to all of my favourite people
- Let go of the things and people in my life that I know are unhealthy for progress
- Regularly update my CV
- Be more self-aware this time next year, knowing exactly what I want from the world
I shall keep you updated on the progress of this year’s goals! Do you have a list like this?