Okay, so January might be over but that doesn’t mean that the blues have gone too. We’re still having gloomy days, miserable weather, colds and flu and frankly, sometimes we just don’t want to get out of bed. (Sound familiar? Yeah, me too)
Banish these blues!
There are some steps that we can take to make ourselves feel better.
- Get out of bed. As tempting as it is to lay in bed all day rather than face whatever is outside of the duvet, laying around will only make you feel worse. It’ll make you groggy and more tired, you’ll find it harder to sleep that night and you’ll feel guilty for not getting anything done. So c’mon. Up you get!
- Get in the shower. Okay, I know the weather is cold, I know you want to stay in your pyjamas all day, I know that you’re not going to see anybody today but still- get in the shower. It will warm you up, steam you out and you can use all of your favourite products so you smell delicious for the rest of the day. I promise it will wake you up and make you feel like you accomplished something.
- Have a decent breakfast. It doesn’t matter what time you get out of bed or how long it took you to shower, you can have breakfast at any time of the day. Grab your favourite cereal or some really buttery toast, maybe some eggs or a fry up or a bowl of fruit. Get some energy in there!
- Set yourself a task and do it. I know this sounds like a lot. But if you do nothing productive all day then it’s kind of a waste of a day. Even if it’s just to do a load of laundry, taking a walk or folding up stray items of clothing on your bedroom floor, just do something. You’ll feel better for it, promise!
- Pamper yourself. You’re having a hard time and need some TLC. Do a facemask, have a bubble bath, exfoliate, give yourself a home manicure. Do something that will make you feel good about yourself.
- Relax. Burn your favourite candle, read a book or some blogs, eat your favourite chocolate and avoid doing anything strenuous or remotely stressful. Relax so much that you pretty much pass out asleep in the evening and wake up refreshed and feeling better!
These are things that help me out on my groggy days. I hope they help you too. I have the flu right now so I feel your pain. Don’t forgot to drink LOTS of water too!
Like or comment- what do YOU like to do on days like this?