I have had to compromise on a summer holiday this year because I am due to be travelling in September, again in November, in the new year and again in March! So, in order to save my money, I have decided to forgo the summer holiday (as I have already had one and two might be spoiling me).
Instead, my boyfriend and I have come up with a bucket list of things in London we haven’t seen or done yet. I figure if I post it here then it is a written contract with witnesses! I aim to tick off all of these things!
- The Monument to the Great Fire of London – I will be climbing this for the views.
- Borough Market – I will be eating here and broadening my cheese horizons.
- Sky Gardens – I will be exploring this beauty and trying not to look down!
- London Zoo – For some monkeying around.
- Camden Market – Already done it but I don’t get bored of the bargains or food.
- Sealife Aquarium – I will find Nemo.
- Jubilee Gardens – I don’t know, it’s on Southbank next to everything fun.
- Hummingbird Bakery – I figured we always have time to nip to Soho for some cake afterwards.
- Grant’s Museum of Zoology – I heard it was as good as the Huntarian Museum (which was creepy as hell but really cool and American Horror Story-esque).
- The British Museum – I kinda feel obliged to do this one.
- The Tate – And this one.
- Ruislip Lido Beach – I want to feel like I holiday’d.
I will probably mini post all of the above. I’m just in one of those moods where I am so grateful to be here and living in one of the greatest cities of the world. When I’m out in central, the spark of excitement is still as evident as it was when I first moved here- I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of calling London ‘home’.
Summers are for exploring and experiencing,