This week I have reading week at university which, for those not in uni, means that you get a week off to cram as much catch up reading in as you possibly can. Before I write this post I’d like to make two points: Firstly, to those not in university, I figure this post can still be relevant to you because there will still come a time where you’re cramming in that info or revising and secondly, I realise that this picture is cute but do not be fooled! I used this picture because it is cute and it, in no way whatsoever, reflects the actual experience of reading week- which is not cute. Had I used an honest photographic reflection it would look something like drowning!
Without further ado, I thought I would tell you what I am using in order to survive my workload this week:
- Your books. Obviously.
- Sticky notes. Use them as bookmarks you can scribble on. Mark the startline, mark the finishing page!
- Crisps. When you’re going slower than you anticipated and you’re hungry but don’t have time to stop just fill up your tummy with crisps and worry about dieting later.
- Pot noodles. I really wasn’t joking about the diet, now is not the time to worry about what is in your body.
- Sweets. I saw someone on Instagram putting a skittle on each paragraph of their reading and they got to eat a skittle every time they moved on to the next one and I thought this was a great idea. If you don’t then starve yourself for a bit and then trust me, it will work!
- Laptop. I don’t know about you but a lot of my reading is online so I put the web window next to Pages and just type notes as I go.
- Coffee. Or coke. Whichever you prefer to drink to get your caffeine fix.
- To-do lists. If you don’t set goals you’ll be aimlessly working. Also, it feels super good to cross off what you’ve done.
Sorry if this was more of a diary entry than a blog post or if it doesn’t interest you in the slightest. I just don’t have the time this week to sit and write an award winning post!
Good luck to fellow students, don’t sink,