Recently I was nominated for the Liebster Award by a lovely blog I follow: the beauty advice blog! You should all go and check her blog out, its one of my favourites!
I’m really chuffed to have been nominated because I haven’t been blogging here long and it feels good to know that people actually care to read my blog regularly!
The Liebster Award is a great way to spread the word about new up and coming blogs and share them.
- Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers you like and who have less than 200 followers.
(If you have more than 200 followers and I nominated you, please do not be offended, I went by what Reader told me)
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let them know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
The questions ‘the beauty advice blog‘ asked me:
1. If you had to pick your favourite beauty drug store brand and your favourite premium beauty brand which would they be and why?
My favourite drugstore beauty brand has to be Rimmel without a doubt. I can’t fault them; they’re foundations, concealers, eyeshadows, mascaras AND lip products are always incredible and never disappoint me. My favourite premium beauty brand hmm…I think I’d have to say MAC because their lipsticks are amazing!
2. Which celebrity make-up look would you love to have the products to recreate?
Selena Gomez. She always looks incredible.
3. What are your top three cosmetic products?
Oh this is hard! After much deliberation I have to say: Clinique’s Redness Solutions powder, Clinique’s ‘all about the eyes’ soothing moisturiser and my Clinique chubbysticks because the colours are gorgeous but they’re good to my lips. (This turned into a Clinique fest sorry)
4. What do you love most about blogging?
I love that I can share and rate my experiences of different products with other people so that they can try something that maybe they’d not heard of or I might have helped them in some way. I love getting feedback and comments from my readers too because it makes me feel like I’m doing this for a reason- like I’m not just talking to myself haha!
5. What would your dream job be?
Easy. My dream job would be a cosmetic tester and full-time blogger. If I could do this for a living it would be perfect! Trying new products, telling you guys about them and collaborating and meeting new people would be fab. I’d also write novels alongside of course!
6. Where is your favourite place to go on holiday?
I used to go to Spain every single year for just under a month which was your typical beach holiday. Recently I went to Turkey and the weather, the activities about and the lifestyle was just perfect but I didn’t like the pushiness of shopkeepers and marketworkers as they could get a bit aggressive! Lanzarote always makes a good holiday though!
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I have promised myself that I will travel as much as possible in the next few years. I’d like to go to Amsterdam because its beautiful and I’d like to visit the museums there but I also want to visit Italy for the food, the chilled out lifestyle, learn the language and go for amble strolls. I’d really really love to go to Greece because it’s gorgeous and I could have the best of both worlds: hot weather and relaxing but also a chance to visit historical religious monuments, temples and sites!
8. What is your favourite book?
I’m currently enjoying reading ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ but there will always be a special place in my heart for ‘Wuthering Heights’!
9. What’s your favourite band/singer?
I am a huge fan of ‘you me at six’ and have been since I was in my early teens but recently I have been loving ‘Bombay Bicycle Club’ and Lewis Mokler
10. What makeup look do you wear to make you feel fantastic?
Easy! Raisin coloured eyes with winged eyeliner on the upper lid, bold curled eyelashes and a bright bold lipstick to match! Feline and fabulous!
Thank you again!
Okay ladies listen up, I nominate you!
I challenge you to answer the following questions:
- Of the beauty products you own, name your all time single favourite?
- What is your favourite season of the year and why?
- What is your favourite season for fashion trends and why?
- Name your top 5 ‘Go to’ cosmetic brands?
- What are your favourite nail colours to use?
- What is your favourite beauty product that has been given to you as a gift?
- Name three things currently on your wishlist?
- List your three favourite places in the world (can be countries or cafes etc) ?
- Do you have a favourite author? If so who?
- If you could only use THREE beauty products (three and three ONLY), for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Thank you beauty advice blog once again for my nomination! And to those of you who I have nominated, I look forward to hearing your responses 🙂