You may have noticed I recently approached blogging ‘tags’ with my valentines post and now, I thought it was definitely time that I introduced you to my latest pet! Although my boy cats Tigger and Tom are the most important pets because they were my childhood pets, my firsts, and I love them to pieces, Blair is one of my first adult decisions to get a pet because I’m staying in London and can’t move my boys down to the city. So….meet Blair!
- What is your pet’s name? – Blair Waldorf…after Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl and yes, she’s just as sassy!
- What pet and breed is it? – Blair is a tortoiseshell long hair cat
- How long have you had your pet friend? – I have had my pet friend since October the 7th, 2015
- How did you get your pet? – I visited a local pet shop for a bit of fun and promised that I wouldn’t leave with a pet…my boyfriend and I walked out having put down a deposit for two kittens! (oops)
- How old is your pet? – Blair is eight months old.
- What are some quirky things about your pet’s personality? – Blair is essentially a dog, she comes when called and plays fetch and is really sassy and wants you to think that she’s independent and doesn’t need you but really she is so needy. She likes to talk to you. She does this thing where if we’re in different rooms around the apartment, she meows and calls for me until I answer her and call her and then she’ll come running. She also has favourite toys- a little fuzzy yellow bee and a pom pom caterpillar on elastic string; she is fiercely overprotective of them both! She likes straws and finds it especially fun to swipe them from your glass when she thinks you’re not looking. She really loves fetch. If she brings you a toy, she wants you to throw it- she could do this for hours at a time!
- What does your relationship with your pet mean to you? – A lot, especially considering the fact that I adopted her to keep me company as my feline companion in my London life. I missed my home pets so much but they’re old country boys and adore their greenery whereas Blair and her sister Tilly are house cats. Blair gets me up every morning because I obviously have responsibilities to get done for her. She’s just really funny and really sweet and she makes everyone fall in love with her. She’s my baby.
- What are some favourite past times with your pet? – Fetch, cuddles, generally spending time with her, picking her up and giving belly rubs, having cuddles whenever I sit down.
- What are the nicknames you give your pet? – B.W, Waldorf, Blairpants, B.P, Beebee
A curious creature
I know there are a lot of unanswered questions about why I have a pet at university etc and maybe I’ll write a full post on it or a Q&A if anyone sends questions or comments in but for now, I just wanted you to meet my sassy and funny fluffy little friend!
Part 2 coming soon: meeting Blair’s sister: Tilly!
Lots of love,