It’s still incredibly hot and sunny in London- it’s bloomin’ glorious! Everywhere we go, especially when we travel on the tube I’ve noticed, we are reminded to stay hydrated throughout the day and it’s no surprise that most of us are too busy to drink enough water. For my health and for my skin, I am making a conscious effort to drink plenty of water lately so I thought that I would research the benefits of drinking water to encourage myself and anyone who finds this.
- It’s better than drinking sugary drinks! Better for your body, health, weight and teeth!
- It maintains the balance of fluids, this also, in turn, helps your body keep your temperature under control
- It helps maintain muscle strength
- It hydrates your body and hydrates your skin. No one likes dry skin
- It flushes out the toxins in your body and cleanses your kidneys
- It increases energy and reduces fatigue
- It stops you snacking because it fills up your belly. Most of the time when your body tells you it is hungry, it is in fact thirsty! This, in turn, avoids weight gain
- It boosts your immune system
- It prevents headaches. 80% of the brain is water. Headaches are often caused by dehydration
- It’s free so why not?!
Give it a go, stay healthy!