I have been on a health kick lately and, as always, my favourite meal of the day is breakfast. I know that most people end up just wolfing down a bowl of cereal- if they even have time for that, but I wanted to come up with something with long lasting energy, something oaty therefore, but tastier and more exciting than your average porridge.
This is what I came up with!
- 35g oats
- some milk
- 1 banana
- vanilla essence
- baking powder
You will need:
- small ramekin dish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the banana in half
- Put one half of the banana into the mug and mash it with the spoon
- Pour in enough milk to just cover the banana and mix
- Add half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Pour the oats and a teaspoon of baking powder into the mug of wet ingredients and mix
- Thinly cut the remaining half of the banana and line the ramekin with the slices
- Pour the oat mixture from the mug into the ramekin on top of the banana slices
- Place ramekin in oven for 25 minutes
- Remove ramekin from oven, temporarily. Sprinkle a mixture of oats and a touch of sugar on top before placing ramekin back in for a further three minutes to caramelise the top. (You can add more banana on top but they look funky so this is entirely optional).
- Remove from oven and enjoy!